Hi guys! It’s been a while since I last posted, so today I wanted to do a more chilled, laid-back post, and just share some things that have been on my mind lately. In fact, I think this is going to be the start of a new series on the blog, which I’ll call Saturday Things. Think Amber Fillerup’s 12 Things, but 10 things…and on a Saturday.
SHOP THE LOOK:
- My ideal Saturday routine would be to wake up without an alarm, make a full-on breakfast (eggs, turkey bacon, avocado, pancakes, strawberries), burn a fall candle, scroll on Pinterest, then do some light shopping at the mall or dig through TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods. Lucky for me that’s exactly how I’ll be spending my morning today 🙂
- I’m really digging my outfit. Denim and white is one of my favorite combos, and I think it makes for the perfect weekend casual look. Outfit details will be linked below!
- After two and a half years of wearing Essie Fiji nonstop, I finally switched things up and painted my nails a dark red #tistheseason.
- I currently have Andrew Belle and Oliver Riot songs on repeat. Check out my Early Mornings Spotify playlist to give them a listen!
- I used to have Khloe Kardashian’s app (no judgments, she has great organization tips lol) and a while back I remember she posted her famous Thanksgiving mac and cheese recipe which I’ve been dying to try! Random, but I just had a lightbulb moment that I can totally make it for Friendsgiving.
- When I went to go pick up my new Asics the other day (60% off btw!), I popped into Forever 21 real quick and was so surprised by how much great stuff they had for fall! I was so inspired that I think I’m gonna do a whole blog post dedicated to it. Would you guys wanna see “Top Fall Essentials you Need to get from Forever 21” or “Forever 21 Dupes for Fall”? Let me know!
- I’ve been looking at this throw pillow every day for the past week, but can’t bring myself to buy it. WHY MUST PILLOWS BE SO EXPENSIVE?!
- Speaking of things I want but can’t have…I also saw this furry jacket on Pinterest and I need it in my life ASAP! I will be stalking it every day until it goes on sale, don’t you worry.
- The bible verse that’s been impacting me lately is 1 Peter 4:10, which says,
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
Sounds pretty simple, but it’s crazy to think that God has given each and every one of us our talents and gifts, the things that are so unique to us and make us special. It’s through these talents that we find our unique calling in life, so it’s our responsibility to work hard and sharpen those gifts, all for His glory! I’m just trying to figure out exactly what that looks like, ya know? For example, fashion is a huge passion of mine, and it’s so cool to think that God placed that desire in me on purpose and that there’s a reason behind it. As I continue to navigate through what all that means (being more transparent about my faith on the blog, etc.), I hope this blog has at least helped you in some way…even if it’s learning how to save some money with all the sales I post!
After I finish up writing this post, I’m going to bake some Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread. The gluten-free mix is soo good too!